A unique opportunity
Take your business to the next level and come out stronger on the other side…
Finding it hard to settle down and relax during this Corona Virus crisis? If you are a business owner like myself, you’ll know that these are scary times right now. We can either choose to lay awake all night worrying or see this as a unique opportunity to review our business strategy and prepare ourselves for when it is all over. What you choose to do now, during the lockdown, can either make your business stronger or not. This could be your chance to take your business to the next level and come out stronger on the other side…
By Line Lyster, Owner of RedlineCompany.com
As a business owner, I am sure you have sometimes wished for more time…time to make a plan for your business, time to review your website, time to learn new skills, time! Normally, we all struggle because we don’t have enough time. But now, for the first time ever, all of sudden we have been given this unique opportunity to stop all normal activities, stop running around like headless chickens – just stop!
Now after a couple of weeks of lockdown, we can try to regain our balance and realise that this could be a golden opportunity to take our business to the next level and come out the other side. Finally, we can sit down and analyse where we want to go, how we see the future of our business and review our efforts. Is there something we could improve? Should we change our approach somehow?
It is also the perfect time to review our marketing material, something that is often overlooked, as we are always too busy. Very few business owners sit down to develop a marketing plan at the start of each year, but this year we have the opportunity to do just that.
As always, we can choose to look at the glass half empty or half full… if you want your business to come out stronger on the other side of this unique situation, I encourage you to:
- Embrace this opportunity. We have just been given the gift of time, so let us spend it wisely. There is nowhere we can go right now and nothing we really can do to change this situation, so let us look at it as a blessing in disguise.
- Review your business marketing assets. Our website is, more than ever, our window to the world. And now is the perfect time to review it, make sure that it still reflects your business and future plans. Maybe you need a completely new website? There is no better time than right now to get this sorted. Most marketing agencies are still open and could help you prepare a new website that fits your business better.
- Prepare a marketing plan. If you do not have a marketing plan for your business now is a good time to sit down and finally prepare this very important document. Maybe you just want to provide the main points of the plan and then get help from an experienced marketing agency to help you prepare it.
- Adapt and be flexible. There has never been a time, where adaptability and flexibility were in higher demand than right now. Things are moving faster than ever, but add a pandemic to the mix, and now we really have to become entrepreneurial chameleons. We have to adapt to this new situation as fast as possible and maybe even change our services or products accordingly.
- Focus on the future. This one can be hard right now as we are bombarded with reports in the media about how terrible this whole thing is. But staying focused is vital in order to get the best out of the lockdown and do the best for your business. We need to focus on the fact that we will get out of this and there will be a future ‘on the other side’ and we should be prepared, by staying strong. If you can focus now, and not let your worries sap your energy, your business will be so much better off.
Running a business is always challenging. Now more than ever. My hope is to see you all ‘on the other side of this’ stronger than ever.
If Redline can be of assistance during this time, please feel free to contact us on email@example.com or call 952 816 678. Remember, we still offer our free 1-hour business clinics, but we will just be doing them on skype or whatsapp.
Stay strong. See you ‘on the other side’